Thursday….almost as good as Friday. Except not. Here are this week’s thoughts for Thursday.
1. And I wish it was Friday, because I’m super-tired, you guys. I’m trying desperately to wean myself off of pharmaceutical sleep intervention. I’m determined to do it (I’ve had approximately 2 good nights of unmedicated sleep in the last four years) but it’s not going to be fun while I get there. Oh well.
2. On that same train of thought, I cut caffeine in August (Philip takes a beta-blocker and can’t have caffeine, so I decided to quit too). I went out of town for a work conference and drank regular coffee and tea. Three caffeinated drinks in a day. That was dumb. My head was spinning and I really couldn’t sleep that night. It wasn’t pretty.
3. After our Dogfish Head adventure, Philip has decided to start home brewing. I guess I’m going to have to start sharing my kitchen with him.
4. My new favorite Southern chef is Virginia Willis. I found her books, Bon Appetit, Y’all and Basic to Brilliant, Y’all at my favorite bookstore, McKay Used Books. Since we always have a fortune in trade credit, I was pretty excited. I can’t stop reading them.
6. Speaking of pork, what’s your favorite barbecue? Do you like pork, beef, or something else? What about sauce? How do you like it served? And what’s your favorite BBQ spot? I love barbecue but can’t decide on a favorite.
7. Also, Halloween is coming! What’s your favorite Halloween candy?
8. It was announced this week that Puckett’s Grocery will be opening in the former TGIFriday’s site by the Tennessee Aquarium. While I have a lot of fond college memories from TGIFriday’s, I’m glad to see a more regionally based restaurant coming in. I can’t wait to check it out!
9. Lunch ebook is on hold. I’m going to write one about dining out in Chattanooga! Not sure why I didn’t think of this sooner. The book will include top ten lists. I’m excited! Now I just have to get started….
10. I took pictures of my sister’s family this past weekend. Aren’t her kids cute? I’m not biased in the least.